Delicious Rice Pudding Dessert
Ingredients: Serves 6 to 8
1 cup White Rice
1 tsp salt
1 cinnamon stick, in 4 pieces
I inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
6 whole cloves
4 cups water
15 oz can Cream of coconut
½ cup seedless raisins (optional)
Ground cinnamon to sprinkle (optional)
1) Peel the ginger piece and break the cinnamon stick into 4 pieces.
2)In a medium saucepan, combine salt, cinnamon pieces, ginger and cloves with 3 cups of water.
3) Boil for 10 minutes. Take out the ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the cream of coconut with one cup of water.
5) Add this mixture to the mixture in the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
6) Add the raisins and rice to the saucepan and lower heat. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
7) Remove cover, stir, cook until rice is soft. (up to 15 more minutes) or most of the liquid is absorbed.
8) Spoon out and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired). Let cool a few minutes.